Air Brush Spray Tanning-Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
For OPTIMAL GUARANTEED RESULTS, we suggest a client exfoliate with any of our body scrubs, 2 days (24 hours) before the tan appointment so the dead skin will have a chance to fall off before the tan, this will extend the amount of time the tan looks great.
- Avoid Waxing, Facials Massages, and other body treatments the day of the tan. If you need to have other services, allow extra time to take a shower before the tan service.
- Avoid the following products for 24 hours prior to the tan and if you are going to shave, do it right before the tan or after 4-5 days.
- Color Care Hair Conditioner, Body Lotions, topical treatments, deodorant, shave gels, harsh bar soap, shower soap moisturizers, creams, waxing, perfume, any exfoliants, and exfoliating fruit acids, like alpha-hydroxy and other products containing petrolatum, petroleum jelly, mineral oils or parabens.
- They could potentially affect the pH of the skin or create a barrier and prevent the solution from absorbing completely.
What if I come to the spa spontaneously for my tanning service?
- You will need to arrive a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to the tan start time so you have extra time to shower in our spa showers to make sure skin is residue-free.
At the time of service:
- We suggest that you bring an old towel with you to cover the seat of your car, especially if you are wearing shorts or if the seats are a light color. This will prevent any potential staining of the car seat.
- Remove all traces of makeup. Do not wear or remove jewelry. Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to help combat prevent rub off or fading around the waist, bra line, knees, and elbows.
- You will not have to change into a robe and/or spa slippers. You can wear your loose clothing back to the treatment room, and dis-robe there in the room. The robe and the slippers could potentially rub the solution off while it is freshly sprayed. If you shower at the spa before the tan, you can choose to wear a robe or your clothing to the treatment room. We suggest not putting underclothes back on and keeping loose clothing only on the body.
Post Tan Recommendations:
- Just do a Warm Water rinse for the first shower after the initial tan. It is recommended to wait a minimum of 8 to 10 hours before this warm rinse shower. For the tan to develop optimally, you should wait 24 hours before showering with soap.
- Avoid long, hot baths.
- Keep the tan hydrated with a gentle shower gel and use our spa lotion frequently. A hydrated tan will last longer. Avoid exfoliation skin and body products. Avoid shaving gels and lotions with the following ingredients: Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum or Petroleum, and Parabens. These ingredients will start to dissolve the tan.
- Avoid ocean water, swimming pools, and hot tubs. Chlorine and saltwater dissolve the tan faster.
- If you can’t avoid the water, use a waterproof sunscreen to help lessen the attack on the tan. Our Butter Balm helps provide a barrier to the water and also is very moisturizing.
- Wait at least 10 hours before wearing tight-fitting clothes.