Blueberry Lemon Cookies
1 ½ cups Butter
1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
2 boxes (3.4 oz) Instant Lemon Pudding, dry
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
4 1/2 cups Flour
1 pgk White Chocolate Chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries- I just poke a few in the batter just before cooking.
4 T Butter
5 drops lemon essential oil (may be omitted)
4 cups powdered sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon lemon zest (may be omitted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, adjust the oven racks to the middle position and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the dry pudding mix and mix.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Using 2 heaping tablespoons per cookie, roll the dough into balls and place them onto a cookie sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart, Poke in blueberries
- Bake until the cookie edges are just turning golden brown but the middles are still quite pale, about 11-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Depending on your desired consistency, you can add more or less powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze on top of cookies and let sit until glaze has hardened.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or freezer.
Note-you don’t need to make the pudding, just add in the dry pudding mix. These cookies will stay soft for 3-4 days. Store in an air-tight container on the counter.