Tahitian Satsuma Cookies
- 1 ½ cups Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding, dry
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 4 1/2 cups Flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 T Butter
- 5 drops Tangerine essential oil (may be omitted)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 Clementine Tangerines
- 1 teaspoon Tangerine zest (may be omitted), mixed with a little granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, adjust the oven racks to the middle position and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, rub some granulated sugar and Clementine Tangerine zest together, using your fingers, until fragrant. Add 5 drops of Clementine essential oil, mix and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the dry pudding mix and mix.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Using 2 heaping tablespoons per cookie, roll the dough into balls and place them onto a cookie sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart
- Bake until the cookie edges are just turning golden brown but the middles are still quite pale, about 11-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool, mix the powdered sugar and clementine tangerine juice together. Depending on your desired consistency, you can add more or less powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze on top of cookies and let sit until glaze has hardened.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or freezer.